The interest on the theme of fraternity, intended as principle of thought and action in the public sphere, not as parental relationship or as a tie within a community, has grown greatly at the international level in the last few years as exemplified by recent numerous publications dealing with this theme. The seminar presents an occasion to meet, and to go in depth, first of all for scholars who have already dealt with this theme. Students and interested public can attend the works, by first registering.
Studies on fraternity:
The program’s areas of discipline are:
- Philosophy and cultures of fraternity.
- Democracy and participation.
- Friendship, fraternity, community: concepts and practices in international relations.
- Fraternity, science of law, justice: a relational perspective.
- Fraternity and Constitutions.
Seminar is promoted by:
- Sophia University Institute, Florence
- Málaga University
- Trnava University, Bratislava
- Barcelona Autonomous University - Laboratory of Investigation on Pro-social Applications
- Lateran Pontifical University, Rome - Department of human and social Science – Africa
- University of Milano-Bicocca - Department of law for economics
- Catholic University - Department of Philosophy